Wednesday 23 January 2008

Assesment of Current PHP Skill Level

My current level of PHP knowledge is very limited as is my prior experiences of it.

The only times I have actually used PHP was for our previous 'On the Job' team assignment where I explored PHP and the possibilities of creating my own content management system. During this time I did a few PHP tutorials and looked through 'PHP & MySQL For Dummies' as a reference point.

During this assignment I created a rather crude login page which redirected the user to another page on succesful login, and also created a feedback form which used PHP coding to send the form to the designated email address. However, both of these tasks I do not believe I would be able to perform again without some sort of notes or tutorial.

For this reason I believe that my current PHP skill level is beginner and will therefore try and learn some of the basics of PHP to a level where I do not need to rely on notes or tutorials.

Skills I will try and learn throughout this assignment:
  • Create forms using PHP
  • Create a login form which uses sessions
  • Make use of if statments
  • Make use of else statements
  • Create a simple PHP guestbook
  • Use the PHP Date() function to display an accurate date on the homepage

Other aspects of PHP I will learn:

  • How to use comments in PHP coding

No comments: